SolidWorks Simulation Premium bolsters the depth and ease of use of SolidWorks Simulation Professional with additional capabilities, including a powerful set of tools for simulating nonlinear and dynamic response as well as composite materials.
- Simulate products made with nonlinear materials
- Capture the effects of large displacements on your designs
- Perform dynamic analyses of parts and assemblies
- Simulate composite materials with SolidWorks Simulation
Fully integrated with SolidWorks CAD software, SolidWorks Simulation Professional provides powerful tools that expand the capabilities of SolidWorks Simulation, so you can investigate more tests and operating environments on both parts and assemblies.
- Study and optimize assemblies of all sizes
- Understand the effects of temperature changes on parts and assemblies
- Simulate vibration or buckling in your designs
- Optimize critical dimensions and conceptual design features
- Simulate drop tests using your parts or assemblies
- Study the effects of cyclic loading and fatigue
- Predict Buckling or Collapse with SolidWorks Simulation
- Create motion simulations based on events and actions
SolidWorks Premium includes built-in simulation tools allowing you to easily subject your designs to the same conditions that they’ll experience in the real world. SolidWorks Premium will allow you to simulate static or dynamic loads to evaluate your design’s performance under stress, strain, and displacement. Other simulation capabilities included in SolidWorks Premium include:
- Assembly Simulation
- Mechanism Simulation
- Tolerance stack-up Simulation
SolidWorks Flow Simulation is a powerful computational fluid dynamics (CFD) tool that enables you to quickly and easily simulate fluid flow, heat transfer, and fluid forces when these interactions are critical to the success of your design.
- Simulate complex flow problems with SolidWorks Simulation
- Simulate liquid and gas flow in real world conditions
- Quickly analyze the effects of fluid flow, heat transfer, and related forces on immersed or surrounding components
- Simulate electronic design with multi-physics for fluid flow as well as thermal analysis.
- Visualize complex flow results such as flow trajectories, section plots, and surface plot data.
For companies that design plastic parts or injection molds, SolidWorks Plastics simulation software helps users predict and avoid manufacturing defects during the earliest stages of part and mold design, eliminating costly mold rework, improving part quality, and decreasing time to market. Learn More
SolidWorks Simulation Articles:
SolidWorks Flow Simulation – Using Flow Freezing To Speed Up Analysis Time Flow freezing is a great way to speed up analysis time for problems with substantial heat transfer and/or fluid substances propagation. Freezing captures flow values from a particular time step, or iteration, so that other parameters like solid temperature or fluid concentrations will [...]View Post
Geometric and Loading Symmetry Some geometric shapes possess the property of symmetry. If a body, or an assembly of components, is able to be cut such that mirroring or patterning the remaining portion can be used to represent the entire body, then the body or assembly is said to be symmetric. Symmetry in the loading [...]View Post