INSPIRING INNOVATION FOR PRODUCT CREATION
SOLIDWORKS 2015 solutions focus on the way you work every day, with an intuitive, integrated 3D design environment that covers all aspects of product development and helps maximize your design and engineering productivity. Over 2 million designers and engineers worldwide use SOLIDWORKS to bring designs to life—from the coolest gadgets to innovations for a better tomorrow. SOLIDWORKS 2015 adds new tools and capabilities to help inspire innovative design and grow your business.
SOLIDWORKS 2015 Overview
- IMPROVE EVERYDAY PRODUCTIVITY
- OPTIMIZE YOUR WORK PROCESS
- REDUCE OPERATIONS COSTS
- SOLVE MORE DESIGN CHALLENGES
SOLIDWORKS 2015 Solutions:
SolidWorks 2015 Resources:
SOLIDWORKS Solution Datasheet
SOLIDWORKS Premium Datasheet
SOLIDWORKS Simulation Solutions Datasheet
SOLIDWORKS Simulation Datasheet
SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation Datasheet
SOLIDWORKS Simulation FEA Datasheet
SOLIDWORKS Plastics Datasheet
SOLIDWORKS Composer Datasheet
SOLIDWORKS Inspection Datasheet
SOLIDWORKS Enterprise PDM Datasheet
SOLIDWORKS Electrical Datasheet
SOLIDWORKS Top 10 New Features
IMPROVE EVERYDAY PRODUCTIVITY
- Focus on design, not CAD
- Get the information you need, faster
- Work quickly and easily with an enhanced user experience
Focus on design, not the modelling software for faster design iterations
- New features accelerate your design process with reduced geometry creation steps.
- Sketch Endpoint Contextual Menu reduces number of picks and clicks, saving time and effort
- Fix/Pin Part lets you easily manipulate subsets of complex mechanisms
- Equally Spaced Patterns allow you to determine how to space patterns and keep spacing updated
- Center Mates provide faster positioning and locking of components
Get the information you need faster, and keep designing
Improved overall general performance, faster analysis, and streamlined approaches give you the data you need to make decisions and keep designing.
- Intermediate results in nonlinear analysis and fatigue in linear dynamics let you know quickly if your design is right
- Frequency analysis graphs for greater insight into the impact of changes on vibration performance
- Provide exact manufacturing information with the Fill pattern instance count
- Ignore small volumes in interference detection to reduce repetition
Work quickly and easily with the enhanced user experience
Improved graphical interface presents a clear view of critical data to help you focus on design.
- Understand design dependencies with a new graphical map of references
- Switch model orientation faster with the new view selector
- Navigate complex assemblies easier with highlighting of hidden components
- Enhanced move face makes it easier to make quick changes
Simulate Multiple Design Scenarios
Quickly evaluate the effects of various load combinations on your model.
- Define primary load cases that link to loads, fixtures, and connectors of a static study
- Quickly define secondary load combinations from primary load definitions
- Track results for primary and secondary load cases
MySolidWorks – Your place for all things SOLIDWORKS.
- Get the best answers to your questions about SOLIDWORKS software in one location.
- MySolidWorks Learning – Now you can learn SOLIDWORKS on your own schedule, at your own pace, from the convenience of your desktop or mobile device.
- Lessons complement SOLIDWORKS instructor-led training classes.
OPTIMIZE YOUR WORK PROCESS
Share project information across your global team with minimal effort.
- Manage product structures up front
- Access information everywhere
- Document designs for manufacture and assembly Share project information across your global team with minimal effort.
Easily manage product structures up front in the design process, and then quickly document designs for manufacturing and assembly. With access to information from everywhere, all stakeholders stay connected to quickly move product development forward.
Collaborative Sharing for faster development and decision-making
Easily access social collaboration and online data management tools.
- Use the new 3DDashboard to easily aggregate data from any source to help you make design decisions faster
- Easily access eDrawings®, DraftSight®, and SOLIDWORKS CAD files
- Create private design communities to capture project requirements, concept ideas, design decisions, and critical feedback from colleagues, suppliers, and customers
- Share designs with customers or project managers
SOLIDWORKS Treehouse helps you manage product structures up front
- Enable top-down design by visually creating assemblies.
- Manage product structures at the beginning of design projects
- Import existing assembly files for graphical visualization
- Easily develop new product structures using an intuitive user interface
- Leverage existing bill of materials for faster new project creation
Web2 for SOLIDWORKS Enterprise PDM adds mobile connectivity
Connect to SOLIDWORKS Enterprise PDM from any location.
- Access your design information from any device
- Browse folders, view file information and thumbnails, search, and change file states
- Support for key file types, including Adobe® PDF, Microsoft® Word, Excel®, and PowerPoint®
eDrawings for fast, reliable, convenient sharing of 3D models and 2D drawings
Easily share data across multiple CAD environments and collaborate more effectively.
- 3DEXPERIENCE platform connection to communities and collaborative spaces on Windows®, iOS®, and Android®
- Visualize 2D and 3D models in 3D ContentCentral® and MySolidWorks through eDrawings WebGL
- Redesigned user interface with easier access to common features, improved productivity, and well-adapted for Windows touch screen devices
- Support for SOLIDWORKS Plastics and SOLIDWORKS Electrical
- Support for SOLIDWORKS MBD with eDrawings Professional
REDUCE OPERATIONS COSTS
Bring design closer to downstream processes and better integrate with manufacturing.
- Print directly from SOLIDWORKS 2015 to 3D printers
- Calculate product costs as you design
- Create detailed inspection reports for QA
- Improve understanding of design intent on the shop floor
- Determine the best design for plastics manufacturing
SOLIDWORKS 2015 helps speed up your production, integrate design processes with downstream manufacturing, lower costs, and accelerate time-to-market.
Enhanced cost analysis for better upfront estimates
Estimate costs across many manufacturing methods, including weldments, plastics, castings, and 3D printing.
- Estimate costs and the time required to generate 3D printed components
- Determine the cost for cast components, including any subsequent machining
- Review costs for plastic injection molded parts, including runner systems over the entire production run
- Determine costs for welded structures, including weldments, machining operations, and the welds added to the structure
Integrated inspection simplifies documentation and quality control
Simplify the process of creating documentation and performing in-process or receiving inspection for quality assurance.
- Quickly set up and compare baseline data to production parts for quality control
- Create documents with balloon callouts and specifications by leveraging existing 2D legacy data
- Enter measured inspection values manually or automatically using a digital measuring instrument
Model Based Definition links design and manufacturing teams
Improve communication between your design and manufacturing teams by enabling them to communicate product and manufacturing information (PMI) directly in 3D.
- Define, organize, and publish 3D PMI, including 3D model data in industry-standard file formats
- Customize 3D output templates
- Share, archive, and reuse intelligent and intuitive 3D data
- Work hand-in-hand with 2D drawings and printouts
- Support for standards such as Military-Standard-31000A, ASME14.41, ISO 16792, and GB/T 24734
SOLIDWORKS Electrical tools enhance embedded electrical design
Quickly develop electrical schematics and incorporate them into the 3D model to ensure full cable harness and system integration prior to production.
- Dynamically create symbols and connectors in schematics
- Manage tool and component library rights for various user roles in a project
- Manage complex formulas with ease
- Automated diagnostics for 3D routing issues to identify and resolve problems
- Enhanced schematic design rule analysis for ensuring schematics are correctly wired
SOLVE MORE DESIGN CHALLENGES
SOLIDWORKS 2015 delivers new technical capabilities that support a wide array of industries and markets. These tailored solutions help you overcome the industry specific engineering and design challenges that your company faces on a daily basis.
- Design HVAC and cable tray layouts to enhance building infrastructure support
- Develop accurate construction machinery and machine tools with automated roller chains
- Improve manufacturability by flattening complex surfaces
- Create more ergonomic and stylized designs with asymmetric fillets
Apparel, Footwear, Upholstery, Shipbuilding – Improve manufacturability of products with compound curvature
Automatically flatten your 3D model to identify materials and manufacturing issues.
- Create more accurate layout profiles and reduce assembly fit issues
- Receive feedback on deformations needed relative to intended shapes
- Easily export profiles for production
Consumer, Medical, High-Tech – Enhance product aesthetics and usability
Create asymmetrical fillets for parts, assemblies, and surfaces.
- Increased surfacing flexibility to model more ergonomic and stylized designs
- Faster rendering setup
- Toggle between symmetric/asymmetric fillets at any time
- Maintain precise control over edge shape/bias to suit your design intent
AEC, Building Infrastructure – Integrate components for review and decision-making
Design HVAC and cable tray layouts to enhance building infrastructure support.
- Create routing assemblies with square and rectangular segments, fully supported in BOMs and drawings
- Generate and manage digital models for Building Information Modelling (BIM) with files that can be exchanged or networked to support collaborative review and decision-making
- Develop custom libraries to suit your product/project needs
Construction Machinery, Machine Tools – Accurately simulate machine components to help ensure operation and usability
Develop accurate construction machinery and machine tools with automated roller chains.
- Automatically develop chains/linkage systems for open or closed paths to simulate roller chains, energy chains, and power transmission components
- View dynamic movement for animation and interference checking
- Automatically updates with changes