Generate fast and reliable measurements – the easiest 3D scanning experience.
The Go!SCAN 3D™ product line offers our easiest portable 3D scanning experience, providing fast and reliable measurements. With these handheld 3D scanners, you can even capture 3D data in full color.
You need simplified, quick, and accurate 3D scanning? The Go!SCAN 3D™ were designed with you in mind. Through a very efficient process, these self-positioning systems can be used by anyone without requiring any prior experience or background, and provide visual guidance as you are scanning. Their innovative technology bypasses preparation steps and specific setups, provides a very fast measurement rate, and does not require manual data post-processing.
Highly versatile, they can be used for a wide range of applications, helping professionals throughout the entire product development process.
Go!SCAN 3D Scanners
Creaform Go!SCAN 20
Thanks to its increased resolution, the Go!SCAN 20 is perfectly suited for scanning small parts with intricate details.
Creaform Go!SCAN 50
With its larger field of view, the Go!SCAN 50 model is ideal for scanning medium to large objects quickly and effortlessly.
- Professionnal-grade measurements: accuracy of up to 0.1 mm (0.004 in.) and resolution of up to 0.1 mm (0.004 in.).
- Built-in intelligence: ensures that 3D data is high-quality and accurate.
- Optional targets: possible to use targets to compensate for an object’s lack of positioning information.
- No rigid setup required: both the part and the scanner can be moved during scanning.
- Hybrid positioning: uses the parts’ natural geometry and color.
- Point-and-shoot: no need to prepare parts. Just go!
- User-friendly: no experience required, up-and-running in minutes.
- Scan in color: allows for seamless capture of high-quality geometry and colors simultaneously.
- Real-time visualization: look at the computer screen to see what you are doing and what is left to be done.
- Fast: typical objects are scanned in 5 minutes or less.
- High measurement rate: capture large amount of 3D data for faster scanning.
- Automatic mesh output: ready-to-use files (geometry and color), right as you complete acquisition.
- Quick workflow integration: usable scan files can be imported into RE/CAD/3D printing software without post-processing.
- Stand-alone device: the part is the reference, no external positioning system needed.
- On-the-go scanning: fits into a carry-on case, so you can use it both in-house or on site.
- Lightweight and small: weighs under 1 kg (2.2 lb.), can reach confined areas. Fits into a carry-on.
Creaform 3D scanners come with VXelements and the VXscan module, a fully-integrated 3D data acquisition software that powers its entire fleet of 3D scanning and measurement technologies. It gathers all the essential elements and tools into a uniform, user-friendly and intuitive working environment.
VXscan is entirely dedicated to the acquisition and optimization of 3D scanning data. It delivers high performance for that specific task, yet it is simple and user-friendly enough to suit any user’s experience level.
- Offers a surface optimization algorithm that avoids the creation of multiple scan layers and ensures a more accurate meshing without any post-treatment. The output is an optimized meshing that can be exported in all standard formats;
- No limitation to the scan resolution: just input a resolution value, independent from the size of the scanned object. Resolution can be changed at any time before or after the scan. The software can recreate a meshing from the raw data previously acquired;
- Surface is rendered in real time (the user can view the 3D surface as the object is being scanned);
- The creation, from the meshing, of geometrical entities;
- Several other functions related to the optimization of the meshing such as hole filling, smart decimation (without definition loss on the meshing), or boundary filters.
VXinspect: dimensional inspection software module
VXinspect is an intuitive and powerful 3D inspection software designed for manufacturing companies conducting first article inspection (FAI) or quality control. Directly integrated into VXelements™, Creaform’s 3D software platform and application suite, VXinspect provides the simplest integration of probing and scanning measurement capabilities.
VXmodel: Scan-to-CAD software module
VXmodel is a post-treatment software that directly integrates into VXelements and seamlessly allows to finalize 3D scan data for use directly in any CAD or 3D printing software. VXmodel provides the simplest and fastest path from 3D scans to your CAD or additive manufacturing workflow.
VXremote: Remote access software application
VXremote improves your efficiency in the field by providing fast and easy remote access to VXelements. It offers quick activation and set-up and requires no hardware or server to install or maintain. You can have all its data acquisition functionalities at your fingertips… Available only with the Creaform Certified Rugged Tablet!
- 3D Systems (Geomagic® Solutions)
- InnovMetric Software (PolyWorks)
- Dassault (CATIA V5, SolidWorks)
- Delcam (PowerINSPECT)
- BuildIT (Build!IT)
- Metrologic (Metrolog X4, V5)
- New River Kinematics (SpatialAnalyzer)
- PTC (Pro/ENGINEER)
- Siemens (NX and Solid Edge)
- Autodesk (Inventor, Alias, 3ds Max, Maya, Softimage)
- Verisurf (VerisurfMeasure)
Requirements and Specifications
- Competitive product analysis
- Measurement of product environment or connecting/Surrounding parts
- Measurement of existing parts for aftermarket or custom equipment
- Clay model measurement/Reverse engineering
- Models and mock-ups measurement/Reverse engineering
- Styling and aesthetics
- Integration of prototype modifications into CAD file
- Form study, proof-of-concept prototypes
- Ergonomy prototypes
- 3D scan-to-CAD
- Reverse engineering (extracting design-intent)
- Packaging design
- Rapid prototyping/Manufacturing
- Integration of prototype modifications into CAD file
- Prototype inspection
Testing, simulation, and analysis
- Finite element analysis (FEA)
- Interference analysis
- Deformation, geometry analysis
- Reverse engineering of dies, molds, fixtures, jigs and patterns
- Update of CAD file to reflect as-built tooling measurements
- Tooling validation/Inspection
- Virtual assembly
- Tool/Robot path programming
- Part assessment before machining
- First article inspection (FAI)
- Part-to-CAD inspection
- Supplier quality inspection
- As-built documentation of parts/Tooling
- Marketing presentations, 3D training systems, serious gaming
- Digital archiving
Maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO)
- Wear and tear analysis
- Custom repairs/Modification
- As-built documentation of parts/Tooling before maintenance
- Reverse engineering for developing replacement/Restoration parts
- Planning of complex assemblies disassembly/Dismantling
- Consumer Products
- Heavy Industries
- Power Generation
- Research and Education
|Go!SCAN 20™||Go!SCAN 50™|
|WEIGHT||930 g (2.05 lbs.)||950 g (2.1 lbs.)|
|DIMENSIONS||154 x 178 x 235 mm (6 x 7 x 9.2 in.)||150 x 171 x 251 mm (5.9 x 6.7 x 9.9 in.)|
|MEASUREMENT RATE||550,000 measurements/s|
|SCANNING AREA||143 x 108 mm (5.6 in x 4.3 in)||380 x 380 mm (15 in. x 15 in.)|
|LIGHT SOURCE||White light (LED)|
|RESOLUTION||0.100 mm (0.004 in.)||0.500 mm (0.020 in.)|
|ACCURACY||Up to 0.100 mm (0.004 in.)|
|VOLUMETRIC ACCURACY*||0.300 mm/m (0.0036 in./ft)|
|POSITIONING METHODS||Geometry and/or color and/or targets|
|STAND-OFF DISTANCE||380 mm (15 in.)||400 mm (15.75 in.)|
|DEPTH-OF-FIELD||100 mm (4 in.)||250 mm (10 in.)|
|PART SIZE RANGE (RECOMMENDED)||0.05 – 0.5 m (2 – 20 in.)||0.3 – 3.0 m (1 – 10 ft)|
|TEXTURE RESOLUTION||50 to 250 DPI||50 to 150 DPI|
|TEXTURE COLORS||24 bits|
|OUTPUT FORMAT||.dae, .fbx, .ma, .obj, .ply, .stl, .txt, .wrl, .x3d, .x3dz, .zpr|
|COMPATIBLE SOFTWARE||3D Systems (Geomagic® Solutions), InnovMetric Software (PolyWorks), Dassault Systèmes (CATIA V5 and SolidWorks), PTC (Pro/ENGINEER), Siemens (NX and Solid Edge), Autodesk (Inventor, Alias, 3ds Max, Maya, Softimage).|
|CONNECTION STANDARD||1 x USB 2.0|
|5-40 °C (41-104 °F)|
With positioning targets or with an object presenting adequate geometry/color texture for positioning.