Truly portable metrology-grade 3D scanners delivering highly accurate measurements.
The HandySCAN 3D™ handheld scanners of new generation have been optimized to meet the needs of product development and engineering professionals on the lookout for the most effective and reliable way to acquire 3D measurements of physical objects.
Creaform’s flagship metrology-grade scanners underwent a complete re-engineering, building on its core assets. They are now more portable and they are faster at delivering accurate and high resolution 3D scans while remaining overly simple to use. Yet, it is their true portability that has changed the rules and set a whole new trend in the 3D scanning market.
HandySCAN 3D Scanners
Creaform HandySCAN 300
Looking for the most efficient way to reverse engineer and/or design? The HandySCAN 300 is a reliable tool that will help you get there.
Creaform HandySCAN 700
The HandySCAN 700 offers increased accuracy and resolution. It is the most versatile 3D scanner on the market for inspection anddemanding reverse engineering.
- Metrology-grade measurements: accuracy of up to 0.030 mm (0.0012 in.), resolution of up to 0.050 mm (0.002 in.), high repeatability and traceable certificate.
- Accuracy in real-life conditions: regardless of environment conditions, part set-up or user.
- No rigid setup required: optical reflectors are used to create a reference system that is “locked” to the part itself, so users can move the object any way they want during scanning sessions (dynamic referencing). Changes in surrounding environment have no impact on data acquisition quality or accuracy.
- Self-positioning: the HandySCAN 3D scanner is a data acquisition system and its own positioning system. This means that no external tracking or positioning devices is required. It uses triangulation to determine its relative position to the part in real time.
- Reliable: consistent and repeatable results across all work conditions or environments.
- On-demand user calibration: the scanner can be calibrated as often as necessary (day-to-day basis or before each new scanning session). Calibration takes about 2 minutes and guarantees optimal operation.
- User-friendly: very short learning curve, regardless of the user’s experience level.
- Quick set-up: up and running in less than 2 minutes.
- Direct mesh output: no complicated alignment or point cloud processing.
- Real-time visualization: look at the computer screen to see what you are doing and what is left to be done.
- Versatile: virtually limitless 3D scanning – no matter the part size, complexity, material or color.
- Fastest 3D scanner on the market: 25 times faster than the previous generation.
- Highest measurement rate among all laser scanners: 480,000 measures/s.
- Automatic mesh output: ready-to-use files, right as you complete acquisition.
- Quick workflow integration: usable scan files can be imported into RE/CAD software without post-processing.
- Stand-alone device: there is no need for an external positioning system, arms, tripod or fixture.
- On-the-go scanning: you can take it from place to place or use it in-house or on site.
- Lightweight: weights under 1 kg.
- Small: Fits into a case the size of a carry-on.
- Easy access to confined spaces: thanks to its small size and flexible stand-off distance.
Creaform 3D scanners come with VXelements and the VXscan module, a fully-integrated 3D data acquisition software that powers its entire fleet of 3D scanning and measurement technologies. It gathers all the essential elements and tools into a uniform, user-friendly and intuitive working environment.
VXscan is entirely dedicated to the acquisition and optimization of 3D scanning data. It delivers high performance for that specific task, yet it is simple and user-friendly enough to suit any user’s experience level.
- Offers a surface optimization algorithm that avoids the creation of multiple scan layers and ensures a more accurate meshing without any post-treatment. The output is an optimized meshing that can be exported in all standard formats;
- No limitation to the scan resolution: just input a resolution value, independent from the size of the scanned object. Resolution can be changed at any time before or after the scan. The software can recreate a meshing from the raw data previously acquired;
- Surface is rendered in real time (the user can view the 3D surface as the object is being scanned);
- The creation, from the meshing, of geometrical entities;
- Several other functions related to the optimization of the meshing such as hole filling, smart decimation (without definition loss on the meshing), or boundary filters.
VXinspect: dimensional inspection software module
VXinspect is an intuitive and powerful 3D inspection software designed for manufacturing companies conducting first article inspection (FAI) or quality control. Directly integrated into VXelements™, Creaform’s 3D software platform and application suite, VXinspect provides the simplest integration of probing and scanning measurement capabilities.
VXmodel: Scan-to-CAD software module
VXmodel is a post-treatment software that directly integrates into VXelements and seamlessly allows to finalize 3D scan data for use directly in any CAD or 3D printing software. VXmodel provides the simplest and fastest path from 3D scans to your CAD or additive manufacturing workflow.
VXremote: Remote access software application
VXremote improves your efficiency in the field by providing fast and easy remote access to VXelements. It offers quick activation and set-up and requires no hardware or server to install or maintain. You can have all its data acquisition functionalities at your fingertips… Available only with the Creaform Certified Rugged Tablet!
- 3D Systems (Geomagic® Solutions)
- InnovMetric Software (PolyWorks)
- Dassault (CATIA V5, SolidWorks)
- Delcam (PowerINSPECT)
- BuildIT (Build!IT)
- Metrologic (Metrolog X4, V5)
- New River Kinematics (SpatialAnalyzer)
- PTC (Pro/ENGINEER)
- Siemens (NX and Solid Edge)
- Autodesk (Inventor, Alias, 3ds Max, Maya, Softimage)
- Verisurf (VerisurfMeasure)
Requirements and Specifications
- Competitive product analysis
- Measurement of product environment or connecting/Surrounding parts
- Measurement of existing parts for aftermarket or custom equipment
- Clay model measurement/Reverse engineering
- Models and mock-ups measurement/Reverse engineering
- Styling and aesthetics
- Integration of prototype modifications into CAD file
- Form study, proof-of-concept prototypes
- Ergonomy prototypes
- 3D scan-to-CAD
- Reverse engineering (extracting design-intent)
- Packaging design
- Rapid prototyping/Manufacturing
- Integration of prototype modifications into CAD file
- Prototype inspection
Testing, simulation, and analysis
- Finite element analysis (FEA)
- Interference analysis
- Deformation, geometry analysis
- Reverse engineering of dies, molds, fixtures, jigs and patterns
- Update of CAD file to reflect as-built tooling measurements
- Tooling validation/Inspection
- Virtual assembly
- Tool/Robot path programming
- Part assessment before machining
- First article inspection (FAI)
- Part-to-CAD inspection
- Supplier quality inspection
- As-built documentation of parts/Tooling
- Marketing presentations, 3D training systems, serious gaming
- Digital archiving
Maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO)
- Wear and tear analysis
- Custom repairs/Modification
- As-built documentation of parts/Tooling before maintenance
- Reverse engineering for developing replacement/Restoration parts
- Planning of complex assemblies disassembly/Dismantling
- Consumer Products
- Heavy Industries
- Power Generation
- Research and Education
|HandySCAN 300™||HandySCAN 700™|
|WEIGHT||0.85 kg (1.9 lbs.)|
|DIMENSIONS||77 x 122 x 294 mm (3.0 x 4.8 x 11.6 in.)|
|MEASUREMENT RATE||205,000 measurements/s||480,000 measurements/s|
|SCANNING AREA||225 x 250 mm||275 x 250 mm|
|(8.8 x 9.8 in.)||(10.8 x 9.8 in.)|
|LIGHT SOURCE||3 laser crosses||7 laser crosses (+1 extra line)|
|LASER CLASS||2M (eye-safe)|
|RESOLUTION||0.100 mm (0.0039 in.)||0.050 mm (0.0020 in.)|
|ACCURACY||Up to 0.040 mm (0.0016 in.)||Up to 0.030 mm (0.0012 in.)|
|VOLUMETRIC ACCURACY*||0.020 mm + 0.100 mm/m||0.020 mm + 0.060 mm/m|
|(0.0008 in. + 0.0012 in./ft)||(0.0008 in. + 0.0007 in./ft)|
|VOLUMETRIC ACCURACY (WITH MaxSHOT 3D)*||0.020 mm + 0.025 mm/m (0.0008 in. + 0.0003 in./ft)|
|STAND-OFF DISTANCE||300 mm (11.8 in.)|
|DEPTH OF FIELD||250 mm (9.8 in.)|
|PART SIZE RANGE||0.1 – 4 m (0.3 – 13 ft)|
|OUTPUT FORMATS||.dae, .fbx, .ma, .obj, .ply, .stl, .txt, .wrl, .x3d, .x3dz, .zpr|
|COMPATIBLE SOFTWARE||3D Systems (Geomagic® Solutions), InnovMetric Software (PolyWorks), Dassault (CATIA V5 and SolidWorks), PTC (Pro/ENGINEER), Siemens (NX and Solid Edge), Autodesk (Inventor, Alias, 3ds Max, Maya, Softimage).|
|CONNECTION STANDARD||1 X USB 3.0|
|OPERATING TEMPERATURE RANGE||5-40 °C (41-104 °F)|
|OPERATING HUMIDITY RANGE (NON-CONDENSING)||10-90%|
|*Based on the ISO 10360 standard, volumetric accuracy is defined as a size-dependent value.|