The automotive, aerospace, defense, oil & gas, and medical device industries have strict safety regulations and requirements. Most companies working in these industries must provide industry-standard reports including inspection documents such as AS91002 or PPAP forms. Many SolidWorks users are creating First Article Inspections (FAI), Inspection Report, or Ballooned Drawings, but only a handful of you are already using software to do so.
SolidWorks Inspection Packages:
Design Analysis Features:
- First Article Inspection (FAI)
- Inspection Reports (AS9102, PPAP, etc.)
- Ballooned Drawings
- Record Inspection Measurements
- Use the stand-alone application or the SolidWorks add-in to quickly balloon engineering drawings and create inspection reports.
- Work with SolidWorks drawing files, PDFs or TIFFs.
- Automatically balloon Inspection Dimensions specified by the designer or mechanical engineer.
- When working with PDF and TIFF files, capture inspection data using Optical Character Recognition (OCR).
- Compare drawing revision to quickly identify changes.
- Instantly export finished ballooned drawings as a PDF.
- Export inspection reports to Excel spreadsheets using standard templates such as AS9102 or PPAP forms.
- Customize Excel templates using the Template Editor to follow company or industry standards.
- Export inspection projects directly to quality systems such as Net-Inspect or CEBOS MQ1.
SolidWorks Inspection Professional
- Enter measured values for each characteristic directly into the project either manually or by using a digital calliper.
- Import Coordinate-Measuring Machine (CMM) results.
- Highlight dimensions in green, red or yellow to instantly see which dimensions are In Tolerance, Out of Tolerance or Marginally within Tolerance – based on the values entered.
- Export color-coded ballooned drawings and inspection reports.